I. Who we are:
We are Standard Insurance Co., Inc., (“Standard Insurance”) one of the leading motorcar insurance companies in the Philippines. We provide a wide range of property and general insurance products for individuals, small and medium enterprises, and local and global corporations. Standard Insurance has 42 full-service branches and 20 junior branches all over the country and with presence in all provinces and key cities within and outside Metro Manila. We operate a website where customers can also procure their motorcar and travel insurance policies online. We likewise maintain our own call center to service the needs of our customers and our intermediaries.
II. Our Privacy Statement:
III. Personal Information that we collect:
We receive only the personal information that you directly provide to us. This information may include, among other things, your name, address, government ID details, date of birth, marital status and e-mail address.
If you provide us personal information about others, it will be your responsibility to inform them that you are providing us their information and we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
IV. How we use the information:
We will use the information only to the extent necessary to accomplish the following purposes:
- Responding to your inquiries
- Fulfilling your requests regarding services such as but not limited to underwriting, policy issuance, policy changes, renewals
- Collection of our receivables
- Investigation and settlement of claims
- Submission to banks and financial institutions and Notary Public for Transfer of Vehicle Ownership
- Providing and communicating with you about our services
- Communicating with you about other events, programs, activities or services that we believe may be of interest to you
- Preventing fraud and potentially illegal and/or unlawful activities
- Conducting marketing and underwriting research and modeling
- Reporting to all government and/or non-life insurance regulatory entities
- Acting as required or authorized by law or by order of any competent court
V. Other Non-Personal Information that we collect:
When you visit our website, our web servers collect the name of the domain you used to access the Internet, which pages you visited on our site and when you visited those pages, your Internet browser type and platform, the link that brought you to our site and any links clicked on within our site. These information may be used by us, our service providers, affiliates to measure the number of visits, the average time spent on our site, the web pages viewed and other statistics about visitors to our site. We also use these data to monitor site performance and make our website easier and more convenient to use.
VI. Information Sharing and Disclosure:
We may share your personal information to external third parties for outsourced operations within the extent necessary to accomplish the purpose of use to enable us to deliver the products and services you required from us.
From time to time, we may disclose information to fulfill certain legal and regulatory requirements or if we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is legally required or necessary to protect others’ rights or to prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity. We may also provide information to a court, government agency, or other third parties when subpoenaed or as otherwise required by law. Disclosure may also be required for authorized company audits or to investigate a complaint relating to fraud or an illegal/unlawful activity or security threat.
VII. Our Privacy and Security Procedures:
VIII. Your Data Privacy Rights
You, our customer, are accorded certain rights under the Philippine Data Privacy laws and regulations, namely:
- The right to be informed. As a data subject, you have the right to be informed that your personal data will be, are being, or were, collected and processed.
- The right to access. This is your right to find out whether our company holds any personal data about you and if so, upon a written request, gain “reasonable access” to them. Through this right, you may also ask us to provide you with a written description of the kind of information we have about you as well as our purpose/s for holding them.
- The right to object. When you object or withhold your consent, we should no longer process your personal data, unless the processing is pursuant to a subpoena, or a result of a legal obligation.
- The right to erasure or blocking. Under the law, you have the right to suspend, withdraw or order the blocking, removal, or destruction of your personal data from our filing system without prejudice to our company continuing to process personal data for commercial, operational, legal and regulatory purposes.
- The right to damages. You may claim compensation if you suffered damages due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal data, considering any violation of your rights and freedoms as data subject.
- The right to file a complaint with the National Privacy Commission. If you feel that your personal information has been misused, maliciously disclosed, or improperly disposed of, or that any of your data privacy rights have been violated, you have a right to file a complaint with the NPC.
- The right to rectify. You have the right to correct any error in your personal data and, if warranted, request immediate rectification.
- The right to data portability. This right assures that you remain in full control of your personal data. Data portability allows you to obtain and electronically move, copy or transfer your personal data in a secure manner, for further use.
IX. Changes to this Policy:
The Data Protection Officer
Standard Insurance Co., Inc.
28/F Petron Megaplaza Building
Senator Gil Puyat Avenue